Friday, March 8, 2013

Felice Varini - Installation Artist


Felice Varini
3D Design & Installation Artist
varini.org

          I have to say that I am always entranced by these kinds of installations.  I feel like "installation" does not give this piece of art or design or whatever it is the right kind of recognition, but I am not sure what else to call it.  I love these pieces of art that change depending on how and where you look at them.  I can't even imagine how he actually creates and plans his work.  Felice Varini is a true master.
          Now, you may be wondering what I am so amazed about; at first glance this photo looks like its been put into Photoshop and the orange rings pasted on top.  However, this is much, much more than just a few flat rings.  Take a look at the real world intricacy of this piece below.


  
"I generally roam through the space noting its architecture, materials, history and function.  From these spatial data and with reference to the last piece that I made, I define a point of view from which my intervention takes shape."  - Felice Varini 
           If you want to learn more, be sure to check out Felice Varini's website to see his huge portfolio of installations and read more about his work and process.  I will say though that his website is in French and will need to be translated, but most browsers will offer to do that for you automatically.  Make sure to click on "hors point de vue" to see other points of view.  Its well worth any extra work.  Here are a few more of my favorites.


  








  

No comments: